Through fam trips, stakeholder engagements, and exhibitions we are constantly uncovering new potential in our growth sectors. These are being effectively communicated through dedicated press releases targeting business and investment media. We are also using this platform to showcase the success of our Buy Local campaign, and encourage support for participating businesses.
Challenges related to municipal infrastructure remain a hindrance for our potential investors, with a lack of water supply in certain regions recently raised by FEDHASA (the Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa) and subsequent media reports. We have engaged with the media regarding the challenges, and acknowledge the difficulty this poses for the tourism industry and other investment sectors. There are, fortunately, short-term and long-term plans by Ugu District Municipality to comprehensively address the water issue, and we will continue to engage with stakeholders to create a conducive environment for investment.
Press releases issued 13 May to 18 August 2023
- Uncover the untapped potential of KZN South Coast’s maritime sector – 5 June 2023
- Road upgrade to further cement Port Shepstone as the Business Hub of the KZN South Coast – 8 June 2023
- Property developments on the KZN South Coast attracting outside investment – 9 June 2023
- Untapped potential highlighted in the KZN South Coast’s crop export market – 12 June 2023
- SCTIE consults with national department to uncover potential in KZN South Coast’s fishing sector – 2 August 2023
- International investor confidence continues to grow on the KZN South Coast – 18 August 2023